Watch a snippit of Patricia's interview with Edmore

Watch a snippit of Patricia's interview with Edmore
It's FREE! And very inspiring!

Saturday, July 14, 2007

What's Your Excuse - part two?


I know you’ve heard this before?

“I want to go on holiday in America but I don’t think I
can afford to.”


“I wanna be a rock star but I don’t know where I can get
the money to buy myself a guitar.”

“My parents can’t afford to send me to law school so I
will be a teacher, instead.”

Do you hear what all these voices are saying? Do you
see that they are all expressing the same
sentiments? They are all saying, “I do not have the
money/resources to pursue my dream. [If I had these
money/resources I would pursue my dream.]”

Many Christians do not pursue their dreams “because
I do not have the money/resources.”

THERE’S NO NEED TO WORRY
What if I told you that you do not need to worry about
the money/resources that you need in order to pursue
and accomplish your dream? Would you belief me?

Well, let’s turn to the scriptures. In 2 Peter 1:3, it
reads God has given us everything pertaining to life.
Do you know what this means?

Let’s look at the following questions. They will help us
understand this portion of scripture.

  • What is life?
  • What is the extent of God’s provision in our lives?
  • When is God’s provision made available to us?

What is life?
“Life is more than food.” [Luke 12:23] You were not
created just to survive. Your life counts for more than
mere survival. You were born for a purpose [Jeremiah
1:5: Before you were born, I set you apart for my holy
purpose]. And you can only achieve this purpose
when you pursue your dream.

What is the extent of God’s provision in our lives?
“God has given us everything pertaining to life.” [2
Peter 1:3] Just as it is wrong to say that we are alive
just to survive from one day to the next, it is wrong to
limit God’s provision in our lives to be our daily needs.
Surely, it should extend to our purpose, our hopes and
desires and our dreams.

When is God’s provision made available to us?
“God has…” [note: present continuous tense] God’s
provision for your life has been made available to you
today. The same is true for tomorrow. Yes, even for
the day after tomorrow.

Why wait a moment longer? Go out there and begin to
work on your dream. God’s got you covered. He has
already made available to you everything that you
require in the pursuit of your dream.

Be Inspired.

This is the second part of an exciting series
on the excuses that people make for not
dreaming or not pursuing their dreams. This
series will continue over the coming weeks
and if you’re not on my mailing list but would
like to know all the other excuses, subscribe
for future issues of Inspiration Online at
dareme@mweb.co.zw. The good thing about
this subscription is that it need not be
permanent. You can choose to unsubscribe at any moment in the future. Be Inspired

No comments: