Watch a snippit of Patricia's interview with Edmore

Watch a snippit of Patricia's interview with Edmore
It's FREE! And very inspiring!

Friday, August 24, 2007

Dear Daddy

This week I thought I’d share one of my poems with you. It is in my book, ‘Poems for life.’

Today I’m twenty
My joy more than plenty
Praising the Lord my only desire
Worshipping Him till I retire
For great has been His work my life throughout
In sent blessings never left out
Lord
Keeper of thy Word
I believe
Great is thy love
They said mine was death
But from your life’s depth
Mine was your breath
The breath of life
For all my life
And still, you left me forgotten not
For my record is more than a note
In my infancy, your hand stroke me
In your love you embraced me
Well fed was l
So much under your eye
You watched me grow
And never let me astray go
With you, I learnt all
Not so great was my fall
For beside me you stood
My pain you understood
You stretched out your hand to me
I came crawling on my bleeding knee
You lifted me up
Reassured me that my time was not yet up
My head laid on your boson I wept
In the comfort of your embrace I slept
The time I awoke
You spoke
Your words comforted me
Your words encouraged me
Accompanying them was a new hope
For one day I shall surely hope
For it was in my childhood
You visited my hood
From down on my knees you lifted me up to my feet
I now know the street
I walk
I talk
Blessings throughout my life overflow
No longer is mine the floor
Mine is a pulpit
Where none of life’s problems is spilt
From there a joyful song I shall sing
To the world declare what I have seen
Yours is love
You are not going to leave me this way half
Yours is patience
Always right is your time of performance
Yours is all
To you forever will be my call

Be Inspired.

No comments: